as I was looking through the file holders in one of my drawers in my classroom , I found a copy of an article inside a file holder ... and I have no idea where did it come from .... but it's quite interesting , and it's dated " 2004 , May 14 " ... two years ago .... wow...
今天在找東西時從抽屜中的一些檔案夾中找到一些文章 完全搞不清楚它從哪來 上面寫著日期是 2004 , May 14 .
" We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers;
我們有著越來越高的大樓 卻有著越來越壞的脾氣 耐心越來越少
wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints;
越寬的高速道路 心胸卻越狹小
we spend more, but have less;
我們付出很多卻擁有很少
we buy more, but enjoy it less.
我們越買越多 卻越不知如何享受
We have bigger houses and smaller families;
我們有大房子 卻有越小的家庭人口
more conveniences, but less time;
生活越便利 時間卻也變少了
we have more degrees, but less common sense;
我們擁有了更多的學位,卻少了常識
more knowledge, but less judgment;
有了更多的知識,卻缺乏判斷
more experts, but more problems;
更多的專家,卻面對更多的問題
more more medicine, but less wellness.
越來越多的藥物,卻越來越少的健康
We spend too recklessly, laugh too little,
我們太隨便渡過我們的生命 反而真正開心大笑的時間少之又少
drive too fast, get too angry too quickly,
開車開太快 脾氣也來的太快
stay up too late, get up too tired,
太晚睡 睡眠不足而精神不佳
read too seldom, watch TV too much,and pray too seldom.
讀太少書 看太多電視 太少祈禱
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
我們努力增值我們的財產 卻降低我們的價值觀
We talk too much, love too seldom and lie too often.
我們說太多 愛太少 太常說謊
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life;
我們只知道如何活著 卻不知如何過生活
we've added years to life, not life to years.
人的壽命越來越長 卻是虛度每一年
We've been all the way to the moon and back,
我們已經能夠往返月球,
but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor.
卻很難穿過馬路看看新來的鄰居;
We've conquered outer space, but not inner space;
我們征服的外太空 卻沒辦法面對自我
we've done larger things, but not better things;
我們過多地注重數量,卻失去了品質
we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul;
我們或許清靜了空氣 卻污染了我們的靈魂
we've split the atom, but not our prejudice;
我們拋掉很多東西 卻拋不掉我們的成見
we write more, but learn less; plan more, but accomplish less.
我們寫越多 學越少 計畫越多 完成越少
we have learnt to rush , but not to wait
我們只記得一昧拼命往前衝 卻忘了學習等待
we build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever , but we communicate less and less .
我們製造了電腦來幫助我們儲存, 複製 , 燒錄更多資料, 但是與人溝通,交流卻變少了
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion , big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.
我們有了速食,消化卻變慢了 體胖不過心不寬 巨大的經濟利益卻伴隨著淡薄的人際關係
These are the days of two incomes but more divorce , fancier houses , but broken homes .
越來越多雙薪家庭 離婚率也越高 越多漂亮房子 卻住著破碎的家庭
These are the days of quick trips , disposable diapers, throwaway morality , one night stands , overweight bodies ,
我們可以迅速旅行到各地 我們有用了就丟的尿布 就連我們的道德品行也丟了 一夜情的氾濫 體重過重的問題
and pills that do everything from cheer , to quiet , to kill .
還有各種藥丸毒品
It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom .
這個時代,窗戶上掛滿了東西,房間裏卻空空如一
A time when technology can bring this letter to you , and a time when you can choose either to share this insight , or to just hit delete .
這各資訊發達時代可以讓這篇文章轉給你 你可以選擇跟別人分享這個觀點 或是直接將它刪除
Remember , spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever .
千萬記住多花時間跟你愛的人相處 因為他們不會永遠在你身邊
Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe ,
記得要對尊敬崇拜你的孩子說些好話
because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side .
因為很快的你的孩子將會長大離家去不在你身邊
Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you , because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent .
記得給你身邊的人 一個熱情大擁抱 因為這是一個你能給予他人的真心禮物
Remember, to say , " I love you " to your partner and your loved ones , but most of all mean it .
記得多對你的伴侶 你愛的人真誠的說" 我愛你 "
A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you .
一個發自內心的輕吻及擁抱會治癒你的傷痛
Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again .
記得要握住他的手珍惜這一刻 因為這個人有天將不會在出現
Give time to love , give time to speak , and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind .
給自己時間去愛 去說話 給時間去分享你心中的想法
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take , but by the moments that take our breath away .
不能用呼吸的次數來衡量生命的價值 而是一生中有多少讓你屏住呼吸的驚喜時刻
After I have read this ... I started to reflect on myself ... to think if there is any more things that I can do ... or is there something that I have done too often ....
在我讀了這篇後 我開始檢討自己 思考我是否還有哪些事是可以做更好 又有哪些事我可能該減少去做
DO I love people enough ... ? Have I been spending , wasting too much time being angery ... do I cherish what I have or used to have .....
我是否愛的足夠 是否花太多時間生氣 我是否夠珍惜我所擁有的或曾經擁有
- Dec 23 Sat 2006 05:52
~ The Value of Life 生命的價值
close
全站熱搜
留言列表